Azure App Service is an HTTP-based service for hosting web applications, REST APIs, and mobile back ends. You can develop in your favorite language, be it .NET, .NET Core, Java, Node.js, PHP, and Python. Applications run and scale with ease on both Windows and Linux-based environments.
Key security features include:
- TLS/SSL Certificates: Ensures secure connections to your web app.
- Authentication and Authorization: Integrates with Azure AD and other providers to secure user access.
- Network Security: Supports VNet integration and Service Endpoints for secure networking.
- Deployment Slots: Enables staging environments to test changes before going live.
- Backup and Restore: Protects against data loss.
- Monitoring and Logging: Azure Monitor and Azure Application Insights provide insights into app performance and security.
These features collectively ensure that web apps hosted on Azure App Service are secure, resilient, and continuously monitored.
Discover the extensive range of security features offered by Azure App Service by visiting the official documentation here: Azure App Service Security Overview. This resource provides in-depth insights and guidance on how to maximize your web application’s security using Azure App Service.
Subscribe here to get a weekly gist of Azure Security posts directly to your email.